Re: How to kill a Background worker and Its metadata

From: Akash Agrawal <aagrawa6(at)ncsu(dot)edu>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to kill a Background worker and Its metadata
Date: 2016-06-28 00:28:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've handled SIGTERM signal. pg_terminate_backend send signals (SIGTERM) to
backend processes identified by process ID. And also, after this call I am
able to track in my logs that the background worker gets terminated.

Yet, I am only able to register first 8 background workers. I am using
select worker_spi1_launch(1) to launch it every time. This is why I guess
there is some metadata maintained which has got to be deleted.