Re: segmentation fault when cassert enabled

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: segmentation fault when cassert enabled
Date: 2019-12-17 12:30:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 10:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
> <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:27:43 +0100
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> > > The patch seems fine to me. Writing a test seems hard. Let's skip it.
> > >

> Okay.
>
> > > The commit message has a duplicate "building"/"built" in the first sentence.
> >
> > I think the sentence is quite long. I had to re-read it to get it.
> >
> > What about:
> >
> > This patch allows building the local relmap cache for a subscribed relation
> > after processing pending invalidation messages and potential relcache
> > updates.
> >

> Attached patch with updated commit message based on suggestions. I am
> planning to commit this tomorrow unless there are more comments.

While testing the patch on back versions, I found that the patch does
not apply on PG 11 & PG 10 branch. Attached patch has the changes for
PG 11 & PG 10 branch. Only difference in the patch was that table_open
needed to be changed to heap_open. I have verified the patch on back
branches and found it to be working. For PG 12 & current the previous
patch that Amit need to be used, I'm not reattaching here.

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-subscriber-invalid-memory-access-on-DDL_PG_11.patch text/x-patch 3.2 KB