Re: [Commitfest 2023-01] has started

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Commitfest 2023-01] has started
Date: 2023-02-01 02:43:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 at 22:05, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 at 22:00, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > > Hi Hackers,
> > >
> > > Here's a quick status report after the second week, there has been 13
> > > entries which were committed in the last week:
> > >
> > > status | 3rd Jan | w1 | w2
> > > -------------------------+-----------+-------+-----
> > > Needs review: | 177 | 149 | 128
> > > Waiting on Author: | 47 | 60 | 64
> > > Ready for Committer: | 20 | 23 | 26
> > > Committed: | 31 | 40 | 53
> > > Withdrawn: | 4 | 7 | 7
> > > Rejected: | 0 | 0 | 0
> > > Returned with Feedback: | 0 | 0 | 1
> > > Total: | 279 | 279 | 279
> > >
> > > Here is a few different patches which "Needs review", please pick one
> > > of these and help us in proceeding further:
> > > 1) Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw | Alexander Pyhalov
> > > 2) pg_upgrade test failure | Thomas Munro
> > > 3) Fix progress report of CREATE INDEX for nested partitioned tables |
> > > Ilya Gladyshev
> > > 4) Non-replayable WAL records through overflows and >MaxAllocSize
> > > lengths | Matthias van de Meent
> > > 5) Add sslmode "no-clientcert" to avoid auth failure in md5/scram
> > > connections | Jim Jones
> > > 6) Add SHELL_EXIT_CODE variable to psql | Corey Huinker
> > > 7) Fix GetWALAvailability function code comments for WALAVAIL_REMOVED
> > > return value | sirisha chamarthi
> > > 8) New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early | Peter Geoghegan
> > > 9) Lockless queue of waiters based on atomic operations for LWLock |
> > > Alexander Korotkov, Pavel Borisov
> > > 10) Refactor relation extension, faster COPY | Andres Freund
> > > 11) Add system view tracking shared buffer actions | Melanie Plageman
> > > 12) Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum | Sami Imseih
> > > 13) HOT chain validation in verify_heapam() | Himanshu Upadhyaya
> > > 14) Periodic burst growth of the checkpoint_req counter on replica. |
> > > Anton Melnikov
> > > 15) Add EXPLAIN option GENERIC_PLAN for parameterized queries | Laurenz Albe
> > > 16) More scalable multixacts buffers and locking | Kyotaro Horiguchi ,
> > > Andrey Borodin , Ivan Lazarev
> > > 17) In-place persistence change of a relation (fast ALTER TABLE ...
> > > SET LOGGED with wal_level=minimal) | Kyotaro Horiguchi
> > > 18) Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions | Yuya Watari
> > > 19) ALTER TABLE and CLUSTER fail to use a BulkInsertState for toast
> > > tables | Justin Pryzby
> > > 20) Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc | Andres
> > > Freund, Lukas Fittl, David Geier
> > >
> > > Here is a few different patches which are in "Ready for Committer"
> > > state, if any of the committers has some time to spare, please have a
> > > look:
> > > 1) Support load balancing in libpq | Jelte Fennema
> > > 2) Use the system CA pool for certificate verification |Jacob
> > > Champion, Thomas Habets
> > > 3) PG DOCS - pub/sub - specifying optional parameters without values.
> > > 4) Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked
> [...]

Here are the final numbers at the end of the commitfest:
status | 3rd Jan | w1 | w2 | w3 | w4 | final
Committed: | 31 | 40 | 53 | 60 | 65 | 70
Moved to Next CF | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 183
Withdrawn: | 4 | 7 | 7 | 8 | 12 | 14
Returned with Feedback: | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 12
Total: | 279 | 279 | 279 | 279 | 279 | 279

I don't have permissions to close the commitfest, could one of them
help in closing the commitfest.

Regards,
Vignesh