Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, "wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Runqi Tian <runqidev(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, li jie <ggysxcq(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, rajesh singarapu <rajesh(dot)rs0541(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Zheng Li <zhengli10(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Date: 2023-03-30 09:45:59
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 13:29, houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com
<houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for the patches, Few comments:
1: create unlogged is replicated but the insert on the same is not replicated:
create unlogged table t3(c1 int); -- The insert on this is not replicated

2: "Using index tablespace" option is not replicated:
create table t3 (c1 int unique using index tablespace tbs1);

publisher:
\d+ t3
Table "public.t3"
Column | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default | Storage |
Compression | Stats target | Description
--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+---------+-------------+--------------+-------------
c1 | integer | | | | plain |
| |
"t3_c1_key" UNIQUE CONSTRAINT, btree (c1), tablespace "tbs1"
Publications:
"pub1"
Access method: heap

Subscriber:
\d+ t3
Table "public.t3"
Column | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default | Storage |
Compression | Stats target | Description
--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+---------+-------------+--------------+-------------
c1 | integer | | | | plain |
| |
"t3_c1_key" UNIQUE CONSTRAINT, btree (c1)
Access method: heap

3:The create table is not replicated whereas the drop table of the
same is replicated with PUBLISH_VIA_PARTITION_ROOT as default (false):
create table t1(c1 int) partition by hash ( c1);
drop table t1;

4: Should we document tablespace creation should be taken care of by user:
create table t1(c1 int) tablespace tbs1; -- As tablespace tbs1 does
not exist in the subscriber, should we add some documentation for
this.

5: temporary table is not replicated, should we add some documentation for this:
create global temporary table t2(c1 int); -- Should we add some
documentation for this

Regards,
Vignesh