Re: Added missing tab completion for alter subscription set option

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-15 05:14:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 7:10 PM Bharath Rupireddy <
bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 6:51 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 12:25 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> > <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > > +1.
> > >
> > > Without patch:
> > > postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (S
> > > SLOT_NAME SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT
> > >
> > > With patch:
> > > postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (
> > > BINARY SLOT_NAME STREAMING
SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT

> > > How about ordering the options alphabetically as the tab complete
> > > output anyways shows that way? I'm not sure if that's the practice,
> > > but just a thought.
> >
> > I did not see any rule for this, but also did not see any harm in
> > keeping it in alphabetical order, so changed it in the attached patch.
>
> Thanks. Just a few nitpicks:
> 1) How about patch name: "Add tab completion for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
> SET options streaming and binary"?

Modified.

> 2) How about a detailed message: "Tab completion for the options
> streaming and binary were missing in case of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION SET
> command. This patch adds them."?

Modified.

> You may want to add this in commitfest so that we don't lose track of it.

I have added a commitfest entry at [1].
Thanks for the comments, the attached patch has the changes for the same.

[1] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/3116/

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Add-tab-completion-for-ALTER-SUBSCRIPTION-SET-opt.patch text/x-patch 1.1 KB