Re: Added missing copy related data structures to typedefs.list

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added missing copy related data structures to typedefs.list
Date: 2021-01-05 04:29:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 7:10 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 9:16 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > > Uh, we usually only update the typedefs file before we run pgindent on
> > > the master branch.
> > >

> > Ok, Thanks for the clarification. I was not sure as in few of the
> > enhancements it was included as part of the patches.
> >

> Yeah, I do that while committing patches that require changes in
> typedefs. It is not a norm and I am not sure how much value it adds to
> do it separately for the missing ones unless you are making changes in
> the same file they are used and you are facing unrelated diffs due to
> those missing ones.

I found this while I was running pgindent for parallel copy patches. I
was not sure if this change was left out intentionally or by mistake.
I'm fine if it is committed separately or together at a later point.
It is not a major problem for my patch since I know the change, I will
do the required adjustment when I make changes on top of it, if it is
not getting committed. But I felt we can commit this since it is a
recent change.

Regards,
Vignesh