Re: Error "initial slot snapshot too large" in create replication slot

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com, y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error "initial slot snapshot too large" in create replication slot
Date: 2024-01-11 14:11:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 at 01:47, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 11:02 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > [ new patch ]
>
> Well, I guess nobody is too excited about fixing this, because it's
> been another 10 months with no discussion. Andres doesn't even seem to
> think this is as much a bug as it is a limitation, for all that it's
> filed in the CF application under bug fixes. I kind of wonder if we
> should just close this entry in the CF, but I'll hold off on that for
> now.

I have changed the status of the patch to "Waiting on Author" as we
don't have a concrete patch with an accepted design which is in a
reviewable shape. We can think if we want to pursue this patch further
or probably close this in the current commitfest and start it again
when someone wants to work on this more actively.

Regards,
Vignesh