Re: PATCH: Using BRIN indexes for sorted output

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Sergey Dudoladov <sergey(dot)dudoladov(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Using BRIN indexes for sorted output
Date: 2024-01-21 02:02:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 at 21:34, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On 8/2/23 17:25, Sergey Dudoladov wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >> Parallel version is not supported, but I think it should be possible.
> >
> > @Tomas are you working on this ? If not, I would like to give it a try.
> >

> Feel free to try. Just keep it in a separate part/patch, to make it
> easier to combine the work later.
>
> >> static void
> >> AssertCheckRanges(BrinSortState *node)
> >> {
> >> #ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING
> >>
> >> #endif
> >> }
> >
> > I guess it should not be empty at the ongoing development stage.
> >
> > Attached a small modification of the patch with a draft of the docs.
> >

> Thanks. FWIW it's generally better to always post the whole patch
> series, otherwise the cfbot gets confused as it's unable to combine
> stuff from different messages.

Are we planning to take this patch forward? It has been nearly 5
months since the last discussion on this. If the interest has gone
down and if there are no plans to handle this I'm thinking of
returning this commitfest entry in this commitfest and can be opened
when there is more interest.

Regards,
Vignesh