Re: [Commitfest 2023-01] has started

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Commitfest 2023-01] has started
Date: 2023-01-08 15:30:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 3 Jan 2023 at 13:13, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]
> There are many patches based on the latest run from [1] which require
> a) Rebased on top of head b) Fix compilation failures c) Fix test
> failure, please have a look and rebase it so that it is easy for the
> reviewers and committers:
> 1. TAP output format for pg_regress
> 2. Add BufFileRead variants with short read and EOF detection
> 3. Add SHELL_EXIT_CODE variable to psql
> 4. Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
> 5. Add last_vacuum_index_scans in pg_stat_all_tables
> 6. Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
> 7. Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated
> to backends.
> 8. Add tracking of backend memory allocated to pg_stat_activity
> 9. CAST( ... ON DEFAULT)
> 10. CF App: add "Returned: Needs more interest" close status
> 11. CI and test improvements
> 12. Cygwin cleanup
> 13. Expand character set for ltree labels
> 14. Fix tab completion MERGE
> 15. Force streaming every change in logical decoding
> 16. More scalable multixacts buffers and locking
> 17. Move SLRU data into the regular buffer pool
> 18. Move extraUpdatedCols out of RangeTblEntry
> 19.New [relation] options engine
> 20. Optimizing Node Files Support
> 21. PGDOCS - Stats views and functions not in order?
> 22. POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()
> 23. Parallelize correlated subqueries that execute within each worker
> 24. Pluggable toaster
> 25. Prefetch the next tuple's memory during seqscans
> 26. Pulling up direct-correlated ANY_SUBLINK
> 27. Push aggregation down to base relations and joins
> 28. Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc
> 29. Refactor relation extension, faster COPY
> 30. Remove NEW placeholder entry from stored view query range table
> 31. TDE key management patches
> 32. Use AF_UNIX for tests on Windows (ie drop fallback TCP code)
> 33. Windows filesystem support improvements
> 34. making relfilenodes 56 bit
> 35. postgres_fdw: commit remote (sub)transactions in parallel during pre-commit
> 36.recovery modules
>
> Commitfest status as of now:
> Needs review: 177
> Waiting on Author: 47
> Ready for Committer: 20
> Committed: 31
> Withdrawn: 4
> Rejected: 0
> Returned with Feedback: 0
> Total: 279
>
> We will be needing more members to actively review the patches to get
> more patches to the committed state. I would like to remind you that
> each patch submitter is expected to review at least one patch from
> another submitter during the CommitFest, those members who have not
> picked up patch for review please pick someone else's patch to review
> as soon as you can.
> I'll send out reminders this week to get your patches rebased and
> update the status of the patch accordingly.

Hi Hackers,

Here's a quick status report after the first week (I think only about
9 commits happened during the week, the rest were pre-CF activity):

status | 3rd Jan | w1
-------------------------+-----------+-----
Needs review: | 177 | 149
Waiting on Author: | 47 | 60
Ready for Committer: | 20 | 23
Committed: | 31 | 40
Withdrawn: | 4 | 7
Rejected: | 0 | 0
Returned with Feedback: | 0 | 0
Total: | 279 | 279

Here is a list of "Needs review" entries for which there has not been
much communication on the thread and needs help in proceeding further.
Please pick one of these and help us on how to proceed further:
pgbench: using prepared BEGIN statement in a pipeline could cause an
error | Yugo Nagata
Fix dsa_free() to re-bin segment | Dongming Liu
pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion | James Coleman
Work around non-atomic read of read of control file on ext4 | Thomas Munro
Rethinking the implementation of ts_headline | Tom Lane
Fix GetWALAvailability function code comments for WALAVAIL_REMOVED
return value | sirisha chamarti
Function to log backtrace of postgres processes | vignesh C, Bharath Rupireddy
disallow HEAP_XMAX_COMMITTED and HEAP_XMAX_IS_LOCKED_ONLY | Nathan Bossart
New hooks in the connection path | Bertrand Drouvot
Check consistency of GUC defaults between .sample.conf and
pg_settings.boot_val | Justin Pryzby
Add <<none>> support to sepgsql_restorecon | Joe Conway
pg_stat_statements and "IN" conditions | Dmitry Dolgov
Patch to implement missing join selectivity estimation for range types
| Zhicheng Luo, Maxime Schoemans, Diogo Repas, Mahmoud SAKR
Operation log for major operations | Dmitry Koval
Consider parallel for LATERAL subqueries having LIMIT/OFFSET | James Coleman
Using each rel as both outer and inner for anti-joins | Richard Guo
partIndexlist for partitioned tables uniqueness | Arne Roland
In-place persistence change of a relation (fast ALTER TABLE ... SET
LOGGED with wal_level=minimal) | Kyotaro Horiguchi
Speed up releasing of locks | Andres Freund, David Rowley
nbtree performance improvements through specialization on key shape |
Matthias van de Meent
Add sortsupport for range types and btree_gist | Christoph Heiss
asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan | KaiGai Kohei, kazutaka onishi

Here is a list of "Ready for Committer" entries for which there has
not been much communication on the thread and needs help in proceeding
further. If any of the committers has some time to spare, please help
us on these:
Fix assertion failure with barriers in parallel hash join | Thomas
Munro, Melanie Plageman
pg_dump - read data for some options from external file | Pavel Stehule
Add non-blocking version of PQcancel | Jelte Fennema
reduce impact of lengthy startup and checkpoint tasks | Nathan Bossart
pg_stat_statements: Track statement entry timestamp | Andrei Zubkov
Add Amcheck option for checking unique constraints in btree indexes |
Maxim Orlov, Pavel Borisov, Anastasia Lubennikova
Introduce a new view for checkpointer related stats | Bharath Rupireddy
Parallel Hash Full Join | Melanie Plageman
Use fadvise in wal replay | Kirill Reshke, Jakub Wartak
pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write is not
fully initialized present in the wal receiver directory | Bharath
Rupireddy, SATYANARAYANA NARLAPURAM
Let libpq reject unexpected authentication requests | Jacob Champion
Support % wildcard in extension upgrade scripts | Sandro Santilli
TAP output format for pg_regress | Daniel Gustafsson

If you have submitted a patch and it's in "Waiting for author" state,
please aim to get it to "Needs review" state soon if you can, as
that's where people are most likely to be looking for things to
review.

I have pinged most threads that are in "Needs review" state and don't
apply, compile warning-free, or pass check-world. I'll do some more
of that sort of thing, and I'll highlight a different set of patches
next week.

I have pinged to patch owners who have submitted one or more patches
but have not picked any of the patches for review.

Regards,
Vignesh