Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Cc: Adam Berlin <berlin(dot)ab(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
Date: 2018-11-30 13:00:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:17 AM Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

(c) allow VOLATILE functions in the FILTER clause, but change the
> behavior to make the behavior sane

Did changing the behavior means getting new snapshot before evaluating a
tuple to ensure the function sees results of any previously executed
queries or there are other mechanism that can make the behavior sane?

Which leaves us with (b) and (c). Clearly, (b) is simpler to implement,
> because it (c) needs to do the detection too, and then some additional
> stuff. I'm not sure how much more complex (c) is, compared to (b).
>
> The attache patch implement option b prohibit VOLATILE functions but i am
open to change
regards
Surafel

Attachment Content-Type Size
copy_from_when_con_v6.patch text/x-patch 16.9 KB