Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Date: 2019-07-11 06:53:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Alvaro,
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 6:44 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> What's with the new tuplestore function for getting heap tuples? That
> looks really odd.

Previously I create new TTSOpsMinimalTuple type slots for every tuple
returned in order to fetch it from tuplestore because tuplestore store
tuple in MinimalTuple format and created slot format changes in subsequent
operation. This case resource leak as Andres mention and I create this
function to remove the need for creating new slot for every returned tuple
because of form difference

regards

Surafel