Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Date: 2020-01-05 10:16:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> > Rebased and conflict resolved i hope it build clean this time
> >

> It does but you haven't included your tests file so `make check` fails.

what tests file? i add system_versioned_table.sql and
system_versioned_table.out
test files and it tested and pass on appveyor[1] only failed on travis
because of warning. i will add more test

> It seems clear to me that you haven't tested it at all anyway. The
> temporal conditions do not return the correct results, and the syntax is
> wrong, too. Also, none of my previous comments have been addressed
> except for "system versioning" instead of "system_versioning". Why?

I also correct typo and add row end column time to unique
key that make it unique for current data. As you mentioned
other comment is concerning about application-time periods
which the patch not addressing . i refer sql 2011 standard for
syntax can you tell me which syntax you find it wrong?
[1].
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.73247

regards
Surafel