Re: Conflict handling for COPY FROM

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexey Kondratov <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Conflict handling for COPY FROM
Date: 2019-07-11 13:42:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

> Also, I would prefer having an option to ignore all errors, e.g. with
> option ERROR_LIMIT set to -1. Because it is rather difficult to estimate
> a number of future errors if you are playing with some badly structured
> data, while always setting it to 100500k looks ugly.

Here are the patch that contain all the comment given except adding a way
to specify
to ignoring all error because specifying a highest number can do the work
and may be
try to store such badly structure data is a bad idea

regards
Surafel

Attachment Content-Type Size
conflict-handling-onCopy-from-v7.patch text/x-patch 13.4 KB