Re: Disallowing multiple queries per PQexec()

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Disallowing multiple queries per PQexec()
Date: 2017-03-02 09:01:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As far as my understanding the issue at that time was inability to process
creation

of a database and connecting to it with one query string and that can be
solved by

fixing transaction restriction checks for CREATE DATABASE or disallowing
multiple

queries in PQexe.

If the issue solved and allowing multiple queries in PQexec doesn’t result
in SQL injection

attacks that worth backwards-compatibility breakage by itself the item can
be drop or

included to v4 Protocol section if it contains items that break
backwards-compatibility already

regards

surafel