Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace on the fly

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexey Kondratov <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace on the fly
Date: 2019-09-17 11:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Alexey
Here are a few comment
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 11:54 PM <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> Hi hackers,
>

> Anyway, new patch, which adds SET TABLESPACE to REINDEX is attached and
> this functionality seems really useful, so I will be very appreciate if
> someone will take a look on it.

* There are NOWAIT option in alter index, is there a reason not to have
similar option here?
* SET TABLESPACE command is not documented
* There are multiple checking for whether the relation is temporary tables
of other sessions, one in check_relation_is_movable and other independently

*+ char *tablespacename;

calling it new_tablespacename will make it consistent with other places

*The patch did't applied cleanly http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_24_2269.log

regards

Surafel