Re: Patch proposal: New hooks in the connection path

From: Roberto Mello <roberto(dot)mello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bdrouvot(at)amazon(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch proposal: New hooks in the connection path
Date: 2022-07-02 00:49:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> That being said, I don't see why this information couldn't be provided in a
> system view. IMO it is generically useful.

+1 for a system view with appropriate permissions, in addition to the
hooks.

That would make the information easily accessible to a number or monitoring
systems besides the admin.

Roberto

Crunchy Data — passion for open source PostgreSQL