Hooks to Modify Execution Flow and Query Planner

From: Vincent Mirian <vince(dot)mirian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hooks to Modify Execution Flow and Query Planner
Date: 2018-11-01 07:58:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I would like to create a library with UDFs written in C that implements
different Query Planner tasks (e.g. scan, hash, join, etc...). I am looking
for a document that provides an overview of execution flow within postgres
and the query planner. I am also looking for a description of the software
data structures and interfaces used.

Any references, suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
--
Vincent Mirian