Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?

From: Maciek Sakrejda <maciek(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?
Date: 2015-01-16 18:34:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks, everyone. That seems to be it. I still haven't gotten it to work (I
tried setting OPENSSL_DEFAULT_ZLIB=true in
/etc/postgresql/9.2/main/environment and restarting the server, then adding
the same env var when connecting with the client), but now that I know
where the problem is, I think I can work through it.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
wrote:

> There's been a few reports on this now. Perhaps we should add a note to
> the docs (not necessarily saying how to fix it, as it may differ, but a
> note saying that many distributions changed the way this is handled and
> that you might need to set an external override)?

That would definitely have helped me, yes. I'd submit a doc patch, but I'm
not sure what the right language would be here. Are there other similar
caveats documented elsewhere I could crib from?