Re: could not link file in wal restore lines

From: Zsolt Ero <zsolt(dot)ero(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: could not link file in wal restore lines
Date: 2022-07-26 15:37:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

David, my server is a dedicated AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 2 x 1 TB NVME SSD
in RAID 0, so it's indeed quite fast, especially in I/O compared to most
cloud hosting options with non-local storage.

It's this one: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax51-nvme

I can imagine that trying the same stress test is not triggering race
conditions on most cloud servers.

I'm happy to run tests as long as they are in Docker containers, I prefer
not to install anything directly on the host.

Zsolt