Slow down dev database transactions/second for testing?

From: Richard Brockie <richard(dot)brockie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow down dev database transactions/second for testing?
Date: 2023-02-05 22:17:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I maintain a Django webapp that uses postgresql and can create inefficient
queries if I'm not careful. I'm looking for ways to mimic a congested db
server in development to expose these queries.

The configuration of postgresql is complicated - is there a simple method
by which I could, for example limit the number of transactions/second to a
certain level by adjusting postgresql.conf?

Many thanks!
--
R.

Richard Brockie