temp tablespaces and SSDs, etc..

From: Jon Nelson <jnelson+pgsql(at)jamponi(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: temp tablespaces and SSDs, etc..
Date: 2013-02-08 20:52:37
Lists: pgsql-performance

I was wondering if somebody could clear up how tablespaces are used.
Let's say I have three classes of storage:
- ramdisk (tmpfs)
- SSD
- spinning rust

Furthermore, let's say I'd like to be able to tell postgresql to
prefer them - in that order - until they each get full. IE, use tmpfs
until it reports ENOSPC and then fall back to SSD, finally falling
back to spinning rust. Is there a way to do this?

--
Jon