Re: Will PostgreSQL have a booth at MYGOSSCON?

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Will PostgreSQL have a booth at MYGOSSCON?
Date: 2011-08-13 17:22:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Chris,
>

>> I have received an invitation to present LedgerSMB at the Malaysian
>> Government Open Source Convention (MYGOSSCON).  If that invitation
>> pans out, I plan to attend.
>>
>> Does PostgreSQL maintain a booth at this convention?   If so, I might
>> be able to spend time manning it.
>
> No.
>
> Oddly enough, we (PGX) didn't get an invitation to the conference, even though we have clients there.  When is it this year?

I don't have exact dates yet. First week of November though.

From the web site, I guess the conference seems to be planned in a
sort of last-minute way.

> Anyway, failing all else, I can connect you with the PG and OSDB people in MY.

That would be great. Also if there is interest I might be willing to
spring for part of the expenses of a booth, but there is no way I can
man it by myself to their requirements (they require two people in
business attire at the booth at all times, and if all goes well, I
will be giving presentations part of the time).

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers