Easy way to corrupt a standby database

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Easy way to corrupt a standby database
Date: 2012-02-29 15:02:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Step one: Set up streaming replication
Step two: Promote replica to full database
Step three: Set up the database as a replica again

Now I understand this is well known but it is pretty easy to do.

What I am wondering is whether there is an easy way to prevent this from
occurring in the future via software checks or whether it is one of those
things where the nature of the problem makes it hard to solve.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers