Re: Code of Conduct

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, James Keener <jim(at)jimkeener(dot)com>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct
Date: 2018-09-18 18:40:16
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:35 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > I would ask that you, and anyone else who has a suggestion for how to
> > improve or revise the CoC, submit your ideas to the committee by
> > email'ing coc(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
> > As was discussed previously, the current CoC isn't written in stone and
> > it will be changed and amended as needed.
>
> The change process is spelled out explicitly in the CoC document.
>
> I believe though that the current plan is to wait awhile (circa 1 year)
> and get some experience with the current version before considering
> changes.

My $0.02:

If you are going to have a comment period, have a comment period and
actually deliberate over changes.

If you are going to just gather feedback and wait a year, use some sort of
issue system.

Otherwise, there is no reason to think that feedback gathered now will have
any impact at all in the next revision.

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more