Re: What do we need for new PUGs?

From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What do we need for new PUGs?
Date: 2015-03-04 10:05:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Ciao,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm especially looking for some feedback here from our *international*
> audience; what works in the USA will be different from what works elsewhere.

I'm speaking for the ITPUG here.
What we have "now" is something more complex than a single mailing
list. In particular we run a VPS which hosts a git repository for our
internal documents, as well as an issue tracker to schedule and manage
activities.
We have also a couple of private mailing lists, as well as an
italian-only planet and an official web site.
Besides, we have current and old PGDay.IT web sites and another couple
of gadgets.

For a new PUG my 2c are to a mailing list and a web space, possibly
already connected to the official planet. As Stephen, I believe the
real problem is not strictly connected to the infrastructure but in
the way the PUG presents itself and its activity to the world.

Luca