Re: Please add a link to [BRIN] physical block ranges of a table

From: Steven Pousty <steve(dot)pousty(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please add a link to [BRIN] physical block ranges of a table
Date: 2020-06-25 18:47:26
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:41 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39:46AM -0700, Steven Pousty wrote:
> > A journey of a thousand miles can start with one step :D
>
> Yeah, but we have to have consistency. We would need to get approval to
> do it in all relevent places, and get someone to do the work.

> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 8:45 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 08:37:15AM -0700, Steven Pousty wrote:
> > > I was hoping we could turn the words "physical block range" into a
> link
> > > something like this.
> > > https://datacadamia.com/io/drive/sector
> > >
> > > The idea is to give inexperienced readers access directly to the
> > information at
> > > the time of reading.
> >
> > Got it. I do that very often in my blog entries, but we don't do it
> > much in the Postgres documentation --- not sure why, but if we did,
> we
> > would have to do it in a lot more places than just here.
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> https://momjian.us
> > EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com
> >
> > The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness, Bruce Lee
> >

> --
> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> https://momjian.us
> EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com
>
> The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness, Bruce Lee
>
> Sorry I forgot to reply all in my original thread.

Really, we would have to do all the places at once or slowly add over time.
I feel like if it has to be all the places at once we can never make some
changes to fix the doc. We have too large of a corpus of doc to try
something like this all at once without some herculean effort (or a
dedicated doc team).