Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)

From: yuzuko <yuzukohosoya(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)
Date: 2020-07-06 10:35:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:26 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
> > On 21 Apr 2020, at 18:21, yuzuko <yuzukohosoya(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > I'll update the patch soon.
>
> Do you have an updated version to submit? The previous patch no longer applies
> to HEAD, so I'm marking this entry Waiting on Author in the meantime.

Thank you for letting me know.
I attach the latest patch applies to HEAD.

I think there are other approaches like Tom's idea that Justin previously
referenced, but this patch works the same way as previous patches.
(tracks updated/inserted/deleted tuples and checks whether the partitioned
tables needs auto-analyze, same as nonpartitioned tables)
Because I wanted to be able to analyze partitioned tables by autovacuum
as a first step, and I think this approach is the simplest way to do it.

--
Best regards,
Yuzuko Hosoya

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8_autovacuum_on_partitioned_table.patch application/octet-stream 15.1 KB