DROP INDEX docs - explicit lock naming

From: Greg Rychlewski <greg(dot)rychlewski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DROP INDEX docs - explicit lock naming
Date: 2021-03-30 14:33:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While reading the documentation for DROP INDEX[1], I noticed the lock was
described colloquially as an "exclusive" lock, which made me pause for a
second because it's the same name as the EXCLUSIVE table lock.

The attached patch explicitly states that an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock is
acquired.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-dropindex.html

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-drop-index-doc.patch application/octet-stream 1006 bytes