Re: Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command

From: Feike Steenbergen <feikesteenbergen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command
Date: 2017-01-06 15:15:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6 January 2017 at 15:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> Is there actual value in providing both %p and %f? It's not like it's
really hard to do, but since the path will be specified on the same
commandline, you could just put it in the command?

As %f can be determined from %p I don't mind that much. However, having a
single static --whatever command may be very useful for configuration
management or backup tools that want to use static commands.

The other reason why I'd offer both is to have some uniformity with
archive_command, possibly allowing some reuse of code.