Re: [pg_dump] not dumping some default privileges

From: Feike Steenbergen <feikesteenbergen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pg_dump] not dumping some default privileges
Date: 2017-10-23 13:16:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 23 October 2017 at 14:54, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Reinier Haasjes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that pg_dump since 9.6 is missing some default privileges
> Hmm, I can confirm that 9.6 seems to have this problem while 9.5 does
> not seem to have it. Must have been broken at some point during the
> extensive pg_dump patches in 9.6 ... I'll give this a look.

in buildACLQueries there is a filter to exclude those acl's that match the
pg_init_privs or default pg_catalog.acldefault for that role.

If I run the create_database.sql with a slightly altered GRANT section,
pg_dump does return the actual DEFAULT PRIVILEGES for that role, these
don't match the defaults.

-ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE bug IN SCHEMA public GRANT
SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,TRUNCATE,REFERENCES,TRIGGER ON TABLES TO bug;
+ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE bug IN SCHEMA public GRANT
SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,TRUNCATE,TRIGGER ON TABLES TO bug;

regards,

Feike