Can't build uuid-ossp extension from source

From: Michael Kartashov <legacy(dot)pteronura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't build uuid-ossp extension from source
Date: 2016-12-22 11:01:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear PostgreSQL bug-squasher-team,

recently I've installed PostgreSQL-9.6.1 and detected that I'm not able to
build its extension "uuid-oss".

I've built database from source code using instructions from the "Short
Version" section of its INSTALL file and I've tried to build uuid-ossp with
simple make & sudo make install in its directory in contrib, but "make"
command always ends with errors. You can find its output in attached file
"uuid-ossp_make_errors.txt". Also you can find there my "config.log" file.
Before I've got this issue, I had successfully built "pgcrypto" extension
and installed uuid-ossp lib (with sudo apt install uuid-dev).

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, using gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)
5.4.0 20160609 and GNU Make 4.1.

Can you help me with this issue, please?

Respectfully, Michael Kartashov.

Attachment Content-Type Size
uuid-ossp_make_errors.txt text/plain 5.3 KB
config.log text/x-log 360.4 KB