Recovering stat file from crash

From: Marek Kulik <mkulik(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recovering stat file from crash
Date: 2022-03-07 23:05:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I created a .patch that will allow me to recover the stat files after a
potential crash.
Depending on the traffic on the server some records might be lost (0.5 sec
of records / more or less ? ).
From what I read it is still better than no stat files at all.

I restricted it to the default recovery scenario only
(RECOVERY_TARGET_TIMELINE_LATEST) to avoid having invalid stats files with
other recovery options.

Am I missing something ? File integrity should be fine because of renaming.

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-stats.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB