Production Database requirement

From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Production Database requirement
Date: 2018-01-04 17:47:41
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hello All,
Can anyone please let me know

1. What is the hardware and software requirement for postgressql to be
installed in production. We are planning to use postgres for hadoop
backend, to store user access info, metadata etc. So, it will not be high
transaction db, but we might see lost of reads to this db.

2. Can we use Vm's to run the Db? Is it recommended ?

Thanks in Advance!

--

Regards,
Azim