Re: Regression test collate.icu.utf8 failed on REL_14_STABLE

From: Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression test collate.icu.utf8 failed on REL_14_STABLE
Date: 2023-08-15 00:49:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> DROP SCHEMA test_schema;
> +ERROR: cannot drop schema test_schema because other objects depend on it
> +DETAIL: collation test_schema.test11 depends on schema test_schema
> +HINT: Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.
> DROP ROLE regress_test_role;
> +ERROR: role "regress_test_role" cannot be dropped because some objects
> depend on it
> +DETAIL: owner of collation test_schema.test11
> +ERROR: role "regress_test_role" cannot be dropped because some objects
> depend on it
> +DETAIL: owner of collation test_schema.test11
>
> +ERROR: role "regress_test_role" already exists

Did you run 'make installcheck' rather than 'make check' and there
was a failure before this round of test? This looks to me that there
are some objects are not cleaned well before this run. you can try
'make installcheck' with a pretty clean setup or run 'make check'
directly to verify this.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan