Re: A new strategy for pull-up correlated ANY_SUBLINK

From: Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A new strategy for pull-up correlated ANY_SUBLINK
Date: 2023-02-14 02:11:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All:

Sorry for the delay. Once I saw Tom's reply on Nov 15, I tried his
suggestion about "whether we need to restrict the optimization so
that it doesn't occur if the subquery contains outer references
falling outside available_rels. " quickly, I'm sure such a restriction
can fix the bad case Richard provided. But even Tom "I'm not at
all clear about ..", I'd like to prepare myself better for this
discussion and that took some time. Then an internal urgent
project occupied my attention, the project is still in-progress
now:(

> There has been no updates on this thread for some time, so this has
> been switched as Returned with Feedback. Feel free to open it in the
> next commitfest if you plan to continue on this.

Thank you vignesh C for this, I didn't give up yet, probably I can
come back in the following month.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan