Re: superuser() shortcuts

From: "Brightwell, Adam" <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: superuser() shortcuts
Date: 2014-10-03 20:05:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephen,

Thanks! Please add it to the next commitfest.

Sounds good. I'll update the patch and add accordingly.

> I don't think has_rolinherit or has_rolcatupdate really need to move and
> it seems unlikely that they'd be needed from elsewhere.. Is there a
> reason you think they'd need to be exposed? I've not looked at the
> patch at all though, perhaps that makes it clear.

There is no reason to expose them (at this point in time) other than
consolidation.

> * has_createrole_privilege
> > * has_bypassrls_privilege
> These are already in the right place, right?

If aclchk.c is the right place, then yes. :-)

> > * has_inherit_privilege
> > * has_catupdate_privilege
>
> These probably don't need to move as they're only used in the .c files
> that they're defined in (unless there's a reason that needs to change).

Correct, though, I don't see any reason for them to move other than
attempting to consolidate them.

> > * has_???_privilege
>
> Right, other things might be 'has_backup_privilege', for things like
> pg_start/stop_backup and friends.

Correct.

-Adam

--
Adam Brightwell - adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com
Database Engineer - www.crunchydatasolutions.com