Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness

From: John Daniel <jdjddjdj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness
Date: 2018-07-27 15:48:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

concur with all

Just FYI for those keeping track - so far no dialog boxes have popped up
since I removed that text line.
Seems to be success and a simple fix too :)

FYI - this machine was originally a 10.8.5 machine - I mirrored the system
drive to an external so I could still boot 10.8.5 - then I installed the
latest Os
- so the line above from Thomas "but if you upgraded a 4+ year old system
that started out on 10.9 or earlier you may still have it." seems to be a
very accurate call.

@ Tom Lane - thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!!!!!!!

to paraphrase Douglas Adams - "I was about to reprogram my Mac Mini with a
very large axe..."

I think my Mac and I are both very glad it did not come to that. : )

thanks gang!
mischief managed
jd

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 1:51 AM, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com