Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant

From: Christos Maris <christos(dot)c(dot)maris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Date: 2018-03-12 21:34:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey Aleksander,

I am mostly interested in anything that requires C/C++ implementation and
AlgoDS.

For that reason I would love to work in any of the following (in that order
of preference):

1. Sorting algorithms benchmark and implementation
2. Enhancing amcheck for all AMs
3. TOAST'ing in slices
4. Thrift datatype support

I can work on any of the previous stated ones, so I am waiting on your
feedback/insights on which one to choose.

Thanks a lot in advance.