Re: automatically refresh all materialized views?

From: Reece Hart <reece(at)harts(dot)net>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automatically refresh all materialized views?
Date: 2014-02-19 01:04:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> yeah -- you could do this with some gymnastics and some dynamic SQL.
> If I were lazy (check), I would just encode the order in the name of
> the view somehow.

Thanks. That's exactly what I do already. Apparently, I'm even lazier than
you!

In case anyone out there is looking for a convention, here's one that I
find useful: _v for views intended for interactive queries, _dv (defining
views) for views that are too slow to use interactively, and _mv for the
materialized _dv views.