Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Date: 2018-02-17 08:57:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've attached an updated patch, now at v10. v9 was short lived due to
the evolution of Amit's which which this based on.

This version is based on Amit's v27 of faster partition pruning [1]
which can be applied atop of ad7dbee36.

I've done a self review of this, but I've not yet done any final
polishing work as the faster partition pruning patch is still
evolving. I will, for example, likely need to do some more work in
nodeAppend.c to add a few more comments and probably think of better
names for a few new things that have made a first appearance in this
version of the patch

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/520f8a71-286d-e36d-34cf-363fd74366e1@lab.ntt.co.jp

Attachment Content-Type Size
runtime_prune_drowley_v10.patch application/octet-stream 99.6 KB