Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Suhal Vemu <suhal(at)cropextechnology(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824
Date: 2018-04-06 11:06:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6 April 2018 at 22:06, Suhal Vemu <suhal(at)cropextechnology(dot)com> wrote:
> ERROR:
> BEGIN
> CREATE TABLE
> ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824

Can we see the full CREATE TABLE command?

Are you able to get the CREATE TABLE to succeed if you try removing
some combination of columns? Start with the PostGIS ones. Are you able
to determine if it's a single column or type which is causing the
issue?

Which PostgreSQL version? the output of SELECT version(); would be good.

> Please note that this email, including any attachments, is intended solely
> for the individual (s) or entity (ies) to whom they are addressed and may
> contain information that is private, confidential and privileged. In case
> you are not the intended recipient, request you to notify the sender by
> reply mail and delete this email, including any copies or attachments from
> your system. Any unauthorized dissemination, disclosure and/or use of the
> contents of this communication to anyone is strictly prohibited and
> punishable by law.

This mailing list is public.