Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Date: 2018-05-07 05:05:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for looking at this. I've taken most of your suggestions, some
I had changed around as a result of Amit's review.

On 7 May 2018 at 15:34, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> + During actual execution of the query plan. Partition pruning may also
> Remove "actual" ?

I left this out one. I imagined it would be common to think of
executor startup/execution/execution shutdown as "query execution",
but I really only mean during the middle of those three things. If
you can think of a better way to make that more clear, then it might
be worth considering. For now, I think removing "actual" won't help.

A patch will follow shortly, in response to Amit's review.