Re: Parallel Aggregate

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel Aggregate
Date: 2015-12-03 07:06:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3 December 2015 at 19:24, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM, David Rowley
> <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to cross post here to mark that I've posted an updated
> patch
> > for combining aggregate states:
> >
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f9wfPKSYt8CG=T271xbyMZjRzWQBjEixiqRF-oLH_u-Zw@mail.gmail.com
> >
> > I also wanted to check if you've managed to make any progress on Parallel
> > Aggregation? I'm very interested in this myself and would like to
> progress
> > with it, if you're not already doing so.
>
> Yes, the parallel aggregate basic patch is almost ready.
> This patch is based on your earlier combine state patch.
> I will post it to community with in a week or so.

That's great news!

Also note that there's some bug fixes in the patch I just posted on the
other thread for combining aggregate states:

For example: values[Anum_pg_aggregate_aggcombinefn - 1] =
ObjectIdGetDatum(combinefn);
was missing from AggregateCreate().

It might be worth diffing to the updated patch just to pull in anything
else that's changed.

<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>