Re: BUG #15145: date time default value issues

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "dibxyooj96(at)gmail(dot)com" <dibxyooj96(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15145: date time default value issues
Date: 2018-04-07 05:29:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Friday, April 6, 2018, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 15145
> Logged by: Paj Dib Xyooj
> Email address: dibxyooj96(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
> Operating system: (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2, 64-bit
>
> i set column "document_datenow timestamp with time zone NOT NULL DEFAULT
> now()"
> but the values that like this "0001-12-31 23:42:04+06:42:04 BC"

What does typing "date" at your o/s command line show?

This is so unusual I don't know really where to start. But 9.4.5 is an
unsupported minor release and your O/S version seems older as well. If
this isn't a production machine you need to diagnose I'd suggest installing
recent O/S and PostgreSQL, possibly from packages, and save yourself some
grief. Otherwise, after upgrading to 9.4.17 (though I would backup the
existing binaries just in case) you probably should volunteer considerably
more detail about your environment and what you were doing to it before you
discovered this behavior. Providing a self-contained script and output
transcript would be good too.

David J.