Re: pg_dump does not dump tables created in information_schema schema

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump does not dump tables created in information_schema schema
Date: 2021-10-07 14:08:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Should tables be allowed to create in "information_schema" schema, if
> yes should the tables/publications be dumped while dumping database
> contents?

I presume you have to be superuser to do this. If so, this would seem to
fit under the “we don’t stop you, but you shouldn’t” advice that we apply
throughout the system, like in say modifying stuff in pg_catalog.
Information_schema is an internal schema attached to an static for a given
release.

David J.