Re: Extension for PostgreSQL WIP

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ShadowGhost <violin05082003(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extension for PostgreSQL WIP
Date: 2024-03-24 13:48:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 5:49 AM ShadowGhost <violin05082003(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Cast_jsonb_to_hstore WIP
> v1
> This extension add function that can cast jsonb to hstore.
> That link to my github where does my extension lie
> https://github.com/antuanviolin/cast_jsonb_to_hstore

If you are intending to submit this to the project you need to follow the
correct procedures.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

Otherwise, this is not the correct place to be promoting your extension.

David J.

p.s. I would advise that including the whole bit about jsonb and hstore in
the email subject line (if you resubmit in a proper format) instead of only
in the body of the email. Subject lines are very important on a mailing
list such as this and should be fairly precise - not just the word
extension.