Re: BUG #15054: intermittent error: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: czmy(at)hotmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15054: intermittent error: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Date: 2018-02-07 14:51:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 7:42 AM, PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 15054
> Logged by: Ming Chen
> Email address: czmy(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.20
> Operating system: Redhat Enterprise 6
>
> We experienced intermittent error about "An I/O error occured while sending
> to the backend" recently.

​You will need to report your pgJDBC ​driver version and if its not the
newest you should probably upgrade and confirm the problem still exists.

You say it "resets" after restarting the server...does simply reconnecting
the client make a difference. Does it afflict all connected clients or
just one?

Server logs probably will be useful to examine.

David J.