Off-Schedule Minor Release Consideration?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Off-Schedule Minor Release Consideration?
Date: 2020-12-01 18:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

Given that we have already heard about 3 separate minor release regressions
in the most recent update I'm putting forth for discussion whether an
off-schedule release should be done. I probably wouldn't care as much if
it wasn't for the fact that the same release fixes two CVEs.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1b8561412e8a4f038d7a491c8b922788%40smhi.se
(notification queue)
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/16746-44b30e2edf4335d4%40postgresql.org
(\connect)