Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bryn Llewellyn <bryn(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario
Date: 2022-08-12 03:58:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 8:41 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn(at)yugabyte(dot)com> wrote:

> The conventions that this list's archive imposes (only plain text, quoted
> content indicated with successively deep chevron-style marks, explicit URLs
> twice as long as your arm, and baked-in hard line breaks at about a dozen
> words) makes comprehension quite hard—and structuring an account well-nigh
> impossible.

It encourages brevity so we consider it a feature ;) Usually, but not
here, the complaint is that it seems to do that too well...

David J.
p.s. just for testing I've included the original email as both zip and text
here.

Attachment Content-Type Size
example.txt text/plain 3.7 KB
example.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1.7 KB