Re: how are the rpms configured that are available in PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Yum Repository

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Cook, Malcolm" <MEC(at)stowers(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "McGee, Jenny" <jmc(at)stowers(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how are the rpms configured that are available in PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Yum Repository
Date: 2017-06-17 01:58:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Cook, Malcolm <MEC(at)stowers(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am referring to the contents of https://yum.postgresql.org/
> (specifically version 9.6 rpms for CentoOS7)
>

> More specifically I wonder if they are configured: --with-python
> --with-tcl --with-pam --with-ldap
>

> And do they install the Additional Supplied Modules (
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/contrib.html ) as provided
> when performing a
>

> make install world
>

> Please advise if my possibly novice question should better be posed
> elsewhere. Or if I should expect to find answers in the fine manual. I
> looked but did not see…

​This may provide the info you need. Note you'll actually need an
installed version to run it against.​

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-pgconfig.html

​This will show what extensions are available in said cluster.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-available-extensions.html

​David J.​